Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"What A Fucking Day"

The title of today's blog is a direct quote from my partner David. Thank you David.

The last couple of days have been interesting. I transitioned back into life in Oakland. It was great seeing my roommates again. I really do have an awesome house filled with fierce radical women of color. Not to mention that my physical house is ridiculously beautiful. Last night we had an impromptu potluck. I made homemade chicken soup. Makeeba made baked stuffed eggplant, and Lubia conjured up a fantastic shrimp and rice dish with sweet bell peppers.

Today we had a staff meeting, and basically, by the end, I wanted to log onto Idealist and start looking for a new job. David and I had to deal with some Ex-Factors last night which was, you know, fun. Basically, by the time I got home tonight, I put on my leftover soup, cracked a bottle of Two Buck Chuck, and started writing this blog. Hey Glory.

The universe and life is meant to be easy. That does not mean that there will not be bumps, bruises, and mishaps along the way, but in general, if you are in the place you are supposed to be and doing the things you are supposed to be doing then life tends to work out the way it is supposed to work out. Right now, my life feels very schizophrenic. The good times generally happen when I am far far from home. Which means, perhaps, that home is someplace else. On an upbeat note, I finally mailed my pre-manuscript to my editor in Florida at Summerfolk Press. It took almost a year, but it is in the mail.

Did I mention we had an earthquake yesterday too?

Life will go on. I will go on. And most likely, before not too long, I will move on to the life that I am understanding now that I am supposed to be living.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandon, thank you for reminding me that as frustrating of a place that I may be in right now, that I am exactly where I need to be.

    You know, so many of my issues have revolved for years around my relationship with my father. It wasn't until just now that I am here because I need to be and my father and I actually get along great now.

    As always, refreshing. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Chris! You kept me sane during a deeply insane part of my life. If this is how I can give back, then I do it with pleasure.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, feelings, and insights. And thank you for reading!