Saturday, January 31, 2009

We Are Not Forgotten

I was just quite literally moved to tears after listening to Kenyon Farrow and the Bishop Yvette Flunder at a plenary here at Creating Change 2009. The plenary was focused on HIV/AIDS. Both Kenyon and Bishop Flunder were tremendous speakers that had powerful words to share. I am going to write a full blog about what they said and how they moved me. But, right now, I am overwhelmed. But I will leave you with this: when speaking of black folks and the queer movement Bishop Flunder demanded:

"It took a long time to get from Martin to Barack. We will NOT leave anyone behind. We will take all the time we need. We will shout on it. We will pray on it. We will sing on it. Amen."

1 comment:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, feelings, and insights. And thank you for reading!