Monday, March 2, 2009

By the Grace of Phyllis Diller

So the last couple of days have been interesting. Once certain circumstances have changed, I will have much more specific commentary on some of what has gone down. But, instead, I am going to focus on Phyllis Diller.

The first time I became aware of Phyllis was when watching Scooby Doo as a child. Phyllis was a guest on one of the shows, and I remember that she had a dozen or so husbands, and I thought to myself, "One day that is gonna be me."

Well.....I may not go through twelve husbands, but I have definitely gone through about 12,000 boyfriends...but I finally found one that is going to be my husband. He knows it. I haven't asked him officially yet. But I will get around to it at some point.

I am still in DC and looking forward to learning more about the legislative process from the backside. I have come to know some things about myself, and I have come to know a lot about some other folks. And in the end, I am secure that who I am and where I am is a lot better place than some of the people I happen to know.

4 comments:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, feelings, and insights. And thank you for reading!