Sunday, September 12, 2010

POETRY: A Birthday Poem for David

Today is David's 46th birthday. If I were a rich man, I would have bought him a gorgeous artist studio on a lake where he could escape to make beautiful things.

I am not a rich man, but I can always write.

Happy Birthday baby. Love you.

A Birthday Poem for David

I love you
Like the morning loves the dawn
Brilliantly
Yet slowly
My love rises
Each morning
Like a fresh day
A little brighter
No matter the weather

I love you
Like the sea loves the shore
Kisses it gently
Steadily
Washes over it
To smooth away worry
To calm it
To change it
Just a little
As the two change
With each other

I love you
Like the Moon loves the night sky
Sometimes silently like the new moon
Sometimes brightly like the full moon
Never waxing or waning
Steadily
Like the tide
We push each other
To reach for the stars
To touch the face of heaven

I love you
More than yesterday
Less than tomorrow
Just right for right now
Sometimes it feels like it is too much
But the heart can grow
As much as love can
Getting stronger
Day by day
Steadily
I love you.

-Brandon Lacy Campos
-September 12, 2010
-New York. NY

1 comment:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, feelings, and insights. And thank you for reading!