Thursday, June 24, 2010

Everyday Heroes: Olivia Ford


The Lord works in mysterious ways. So does the Interwebs. The Holy Ghost in the Machine has brought me a new Everyday Hero.

For almost a month now, I have been blogging at TheBody.com. The Body is an online resource focused on HIV/AIDS. The website has everything from a medical staff that answers questions to public policy. The Body also maintains a cadre of bloggers and blogs that discuss a range of topics related to living with HIV/AIDS.

When I was asked to be a guest blogger and then a regular blogger for TheBody.com, I was scared as hell. I am still scared as hell. But, there is one person that absolutely helps mitigate that fear, which allows me to write as openly as I can, and that is Olivia Ford.

I am not sure what Olivia's job title is at TheBody.com, but she is my editor. I haven't yet had a chance to meet this wonderful human being (though we discovered early on that we run all around the same circles of peoples), but I have to say that this woman has been an unlooked for and welcome blessing. Her ability to comfort, support, and give real and truthful feedback, hear your truth and help you see that it is beautiful even when it is hard, is something that I have rarely experienced before (for those of you that know Susan Raffo...she is another one of those rare spirits with the same gift). If she has judgments about the things she has read, those judgments have never come across in her communications.

I want to be just like Olivia when I grow up, though I think her gifts may be beyond my powers...so I will stick to writing ;-).

Thank you, Olivia, for being an Everyday Hero, for sharing your gentle spirit and your critical eye to the work of living. You are appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, feelings, and insights. And thank you for reading!